The Queen's Hall
Box office (phone) - 0131 668 2019
The Queen's Hall started off life as Hope Park Chapel in 1823 (later becoming the church of Newington and St Leonard's) and continued as a place of worship until 1976.
The closure coincided with a search by the Scottish Baroque Ensemble (now the Scottish Ensemble), the Scottish Philharmonic Singers and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra for performance and rehearsal premises. An appeal was launched in 1977 and after raising £850,000 to convert the church to a concert hall, The Queen's Hall was officially opened by HM Queen Elizabeth II on 6 July 1979.
Since then the building has been home to a different form of worship - to great music performed by world-class artists.
Share news with friends